There isn’t a whole lot more to add in terms of commentary to the video below which is an animation surrounding the idea that bugs may be the animal protein of the future. I love how fat and gluttonous the Westerners are in this video. My favorite line, “Though Westerners may think it’s weird, insects are considered food in lots of other cultures.” Yea, well if you’ve been reading the blog as of late you will know that though it may be true that Westerners have an aversion insect cuisine, they do not apparently have an aversion to rat poop tacos.
- “Could beetles, dragonfly larvae and water bug caviar be the meat of the future?” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Weird Connections: Beetles, Bees & Beets (neatorama.com)
- Creepy, Crawly, Delicious and Nutritious? (newsy.com)
- Scott Bain’s Beetle Dioramas (neatorama.com)
- North America’s largest scarab beetle (beetlesinthebush.wordpress.com)
- The Six-Legged Meat of the Future (online.wsj.com)